Since today marks the two week anniversary since we last saw my darling Nick, let me start by reminding us what he looks like:
Yes, that’s from his last scene with Chelsea which I will go on record by saying I was absolutely happy with that Chick moment, thank you, Hogan Sheffer. However, I had no idea it would be my last Blake Berris moment for weeks. What the hell?
I know they are setting Chelsea up in the sorority story but she doesn’t bring him up once to Stephanie? Adrienne? Max? You would think given Nick nearly got his head knocked off by a guy twice his size she would show some concern. Sigh.
So this is what I want to see coming up in the Chick story from now until the end of the year:
- Getting over bad sex. (This cannot be stressed enough).
- Chelsea longing for Nick. (Rachel Melvin can do this so well so please let her.)
- Chelsea showing concern for Nick over the possible danger he is in.
- Nick being heartbroken when the kids are finally taken back by their father and Chelsea being there for him.
- Chelsea and Nick on some kind of adventure (can be related to the kids or something new).
- Getting over bad sex (in case you didn’t hear me the first time).
- When Thanksgiving rolls around, I want Chelsea to comment on her life last Thanksgiving, where she was in respect to her family and her life then and now, and how she owes so much to Nick for helping to make her a better person.
- A montage of them, yes, I know it hasn’t been a year (until November) but if Shelle can have a montage using NuShawn who had been barely on the show for 6 months, we can have a montage of Chick.
- That Chelsea and Nick be a happy couple by Christmas, complete with them making out under mistletoe and being sloppily happy. Since they will have gotten over bad sex, they will wind up excusing themselves early to go home and “do it.”
I believe fans of this ship are entitled to the above and frankly are damn well due. Bad sex, Jett pimping, the weakening of Nick aside, it’s been difficult to stomach the waffling of Chelsea’s attitude towards are geeky guy, especially given how little concern she has shown for him in regards to a concussion as well as losing his job (for something she asked him to do I might add) and it’s time for the show to give us the payoff we’ve been waiting for.