Soaps have a reputation for secrets coming out in the worst possible way. If you had an affair with your former husband, then a video of the affair will be presented at your wedding. If you have successfully hidden the real paternity of your child from your husband, who believes he is the father, he’s probably going to find out when he tries to donate blood/organ to said child and it comes back he isn’t a match. If you have been online posing as someone else with your boss’s picture in order to win the heart of the girl of your dreams, she’s going to learn the truth when she throws herself into your boss’ arms at initial contact.
So that said, I’m surprised that Days still has managed to let things happen and never be discovered. At the time, these events I thought were a pretty big deal and would never remain secret for long:
- Nick giving his money to Chelsea via Kate.
- EJ locking Lucas in a freezer truck and everyone blaming his father.
- Nick and Chelsea never telling Stephanie about Jeremy’s remaining in Salem and wishing to give her a letter.
- EJ had every intention of running down Belle on the street.
- Celeste and Sami conspired to kill EJ. (Yes, EJ knew what they had done, but I’m surprised it wasn’t made known to Salem publically).
- Young Stefano stole young Shawn’s truck (I was sure it would be the Rosebud of the Vendetta).
Funny how when a storyline will shift suddenly, many things get dropped with no resolution.